About Us

Since long, the Govt. of India have been endeavouring to promote industrial growth in our country, through various types of schemes. However, due to rapid changes and challenges thrown by the “Globalization”, the Govt. of India moved further to accelerate the process of industrial development and designed a new scheme viz., Industrial Infrastructure Upgradation Scheme (I.I.U.S.), under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry. The scheme envisages improvement of physical infrastructure in selected industrial locations, which have potential to become globally competitive. Initial instructions of this scheme were received around Jan. 2003. Since Kolhapur has a strong base of the Foundry and allied Engineering Industries, the Govt. of India were kind enough to select “Kolhapur Foundry and Engineering Cluster”, as one of the clusters to extend the benefits of the new scheme.

We would like to clarify here that the entire project is being coordinated by Kolhapur Engineering Association, since beginning. As advised by the Govt. of India, we have formulated a “Special Purpose Vehicle (S.P.V.)”, on 12-01-2006, to co-ordinate the implementation of the project, smoothly and efficiently. The then Chairman of Kolhpur Engg. Association (Shri. Rampratap Zanvar) was heading the S.P.V. till June2007 and the other members were senior representatives of the respective sub-clusters e.g. Shri. L.K Akiwate, Founder Chairman of L. K. Akiwate Ind. Co-op. Estate Ltd., Jaysingpur; Shri Ashokrao Mane, Chariman of Chh. Shahu Ind. Co-op. Estate, Shirol, Shri. Ram Menon, Shri. Prakash Rathod, Shri. G.V.Vaze, from SMAK; Shri. R.P.Patil, Shri. Rajendra Bhatwadekar etc. On 10 July 2007, the Chairmanship has been handed over to Shri L.K. Akiwate (who is also a Senior Freedom-Fighter & Founder Chairman of L. K. Akiwate Ind. Co-op. Estate Ltd., Jaysingpur), and since then he has been closely following the various developments.

The sub-clusters who are now participating in the proposal are as follows:-

Kolhapur Engineering Association (K.E.A.) Gokul Shirgaon ​Manufacturers’ Association (GOSHIMA), Shiroli Manufacturers’ Association, (SMAK) L.K. Akiwate ​Industrial Co. op. Estate Ltd., (LKAICEL), Chh.​ Shahu Co. op. Industrial Estate Ltd. (CSCIEL) and ​Indian Institute of Foundrymen (I.I.F.) is the sixth sub-cluster, functioning in advisory capacity​ .

Representatives of the above sub-clusters are functioning as Directors of the S.P.V. of Kolhapur Foundry and Engineering Cluster. A list of the present Directors on the S.P.V. is enclosed as Annexure I. From 11-01-2011, our company has been registered under Section 25 of the Indian Companies Act.

According to the guidelines of the Scheme, the Govt. of India is expected to provide subsidy to the extent of 75%. Out of the remaining 25%, the concerned industrial units must contribute at least 15% of stipulated financial contribution and the remaining 10% of the amount can be provided by the concerned State Government. Our entire project is aimed at upgrading the existing industrial infrastructural facilities around Kolhapur, so as to accelerate the export and to provide maximum employment to the local labour. Kolhapur is one of the prominent districts, well known for entrepreneurship, hard labour and strong desire to overcome the pressures of competition in the era of globalization. Our industrial units have succeeded in continuing the production even during the hard times of industrial recession.

The Phase 1 of our project has been approved by the Govt. of India, on the following lines :-

Sr. No. Name of the Sub-Cluster Total Approved Project Cost Sub-cluster Required Contribution Total Amount Received by sub-cluster GOI approved contribution Actual GOI contribution received GOM approved contribution Actual GOM contribution received
1 LK Akiwate Ind. Co Op Estate Ltd. Jaysingpur 690.00 138.54 149.17 485.32 485.53 69.00 69.00
2. Chh. Shahu Co Op Ind. Estate Ltd Shirol 340.00 60.48 65.48 246.94 239.07 33.98 33.98
3 KEA 70.00 12.19 12.52 51.1 49.35 7.01 7.01
4 GOSHIMA 1725.86 300.13 368.41 1260.57 1215.48 172.58 161.20
5 SMAK 1602.04 278.56 329.49 1170.23 1128.3 160.19 148.81
  TOTAL 4427.90 789.91 925.07 3214.16 3117.73 442.76 420.00
  Administration 62.76     45.21 43.85    
  Grand Total 4490.66     3259.37 3161.58    

As per the 29th Apex Committee Meeting was held on 30th November 2015 the project cost revised as per the above table. Out of this 97% contribution is received from GOI, 95% contribution received from GOM and 100% contribution received from sub-clusters. ​

Mr. Deepak S. Chorage
Kolhaur Foundry & Engineering Cluster Kolhapur